Saturday 26 March 2011

The things I NEVER thought I would have to do ...

Having kids when I was a child seemed like the easiest thing in the world.
You fed them, changed them, put them to bed and played with them.
NOBODY told me about all the gross stuff you would have to deal with!

For example being asked to clean things up that you don't want to, knowing that just some hot water is not going to shift it (I've tried!).
You have to pause, grit teeth, smile at child to reassure them that everything is okay and nudge offending objects, and spills down the drain. Then lots of anti-bacterial hand wash!

That is nothing in the life of a SAHM in terms of cleaning. In no book did it say do not feed child X, as X will lead to severe cases of diarrhoea and vomiting, the need to redecorate the house and have it fumigated.

However I am here to say that it does pass and one day they too will learn the pleasures of parenthood as I cackle hysterically in the background.

I love them dearly and wouldn't swap any of the experiences that I have had for the world even if sometimes it has to be done with anti-bacterial spray and a mop!

No comments:

Post a Comment